VAT rates are rules
Put simply, the VAT rate is a percentage charge levied by the government on the value of goods and services. There are different VAT rates in EU countries. It may be beneficial for e-commerce to check this issue.
What about VAT rules
Each EU country must implement VAT directive in their national VAT laws. It does not mean that all EU countries have identical VAT law, but there are many principles which must be applicable for all. VAT directive can be found at EUR – Lex.
How many rates are there in the Czech Republic
In the Czech Republic there are three VAT rates (taxes):
- the basic VAT rate is 21%
- reduced rates of 15%
- reduced rates of 10%.
Most often the 21% VAT is being applied.
Czech charges 10% reduced rate for
- Foodstuffs marked as essential for child nutrition,
- pharmaceutical products,
Czech charges 15% VAT rate for
- Foodstuffs (excluding essential child nutrition);
- water supplies;
- medical equipment for disabled persons;
- children’s car seats;
- public transport;
- newspapers and periodicals;
- admission to cultural events, shows and amusement parks;
- social housing;
- renovation and repair of private houses;
- cleaning of private households;
- some agricultural supplies;
- hotel accommodation;
- admission to sport events;
- use of sports facilities; social services;
- supplies to undertakers and cremation services;
- medical and dental care;
- domestic care services.
You can find details about VAT rules and rates in the Czech VAT law. The specific law is number 235/2004 Col. The basic law is updated and amended every year.
VAT definition and additional information can be found on the web of EU commission.
10 years on the market gives us insight and practical knowledge.
We are reliable and flexible. We consider the needs and desires of the client.
4 500 submissions to tax offices 2017. Loyalty is the key and our main goal in any partnership.
We will help your business grow.